Who doesn’t love throwing a little shade every now and then? I personally LOVE watching these tags on Book Tube and figured I’d add my own thoughts to the mix! So without further ado, let’s spill the tea.
1. A popular book you didn’t like
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I’m sorry everyone, I’m just one of the ones who don’t gel with his writing style that well. I see the value of the book and love John Green as a person, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea.
2. A book series that everyone hates but you love
I feel like the Maze Runner gets a bit of a bad rep, but I personally enjoyed the books!
3. A love triangle where the MC ends up with the person you didn’t want them to end up with
Forest of Ruin by Kelley Armstrong. Y’all know Kelley is my favorite author, but I feel like she set up one pair from the first book then completely changed her whole damn mind half way through the second book. The pair that ended up cannon had next to no chemistry, IMO.
4. A popular book genre you rarely reach for
Paranormal Romance kind of lost it’s touch for me after the influx of post-Twilight crap.
5. A popular beloved character you didn’t like
DO. NOT. GET. ME. STARTED. ON. SEVERUS. SNAPE.
6. A popular author you can’t seem to get into
Colleen Hoover. Besides the problematic-ness of some of her books, I just find other NA authors so much more engaging.
7. Popular trope you’re tired of seeing
Give me another damn love triangle, I dare you.
8. Popular series you have no interest in reading
Pretty much any Cassandra Clare series. She’s the MOST problematic, and though I enjoyed TMI 1-3, I haven’t read 4-6, Infernal Devices, Dark Artifices and definitely don’t plan on it.
9. The saying goes, “The book is always better than the movie,” but what movie do you prefer more than the book?
It’s TV, but PLL books were better than the series, IMO. The series just kept dragging and the fact that they managed to get that many seasons out of the books is crazy. (I’m referring to the OG book series, btw, not the additions post-show)